What is Embodyment® Yoga Therapy?
Embodyment® yoga therapy is a hands-on technique that brings a greater sense of awareness and consciousness to your body. As a result of this increased awareness, you will wake up in areas of your body that were previously tight or “numb” and your whole being will begin to open up.
What happens during an Embodyment® session?
This is a one-on-one session in which you rest in a comfortable, supported pose while the yoga therapist places her hands on key areas along the spine. Embodyment® allows a release of deep tension in the muscles connected to your spine. The session is very relaxing and requires no effort on your part. Here is a list of benefits you may experience:
- Relief from acute and chronic pain and tensions (back, shoulder, neck, wrist, sciatica, migraine, fibromyalgia)
- Relief from jaw and sinus problems, headaches, hypertension, PMS, menopausal symptoms, and stress - related disorders
- Improved digestion, sleep, breathing, circulation, and ability to relax
- Increased body awareness and flexibility
- Improved posture
- Deep relaxation
- Abundant energy, a deep sense of inner peace, feeling more grounded, and an overall feeling of happiness (Inner Bliss)
- Improved conditions related to old/acute trauma, as well as diseases of the central nervous system, bones and muscles
- Improved immune system
- Healing on all levels - physically, physiologically, emotionally, and spiritually
How often should I do it and how much does it cost?
Yoga students often find that Embodyment® Yoga Therapy helps to “fast-forward” the changes they experience in Restorative Yoga classes. Some students enjoy having an Embodyment® session once or twice a month. In special cases, such as recovering from injury or physical problems, students may benefit by having more frequent sessions for the first one or two weeks.
Cost: $85.00/session or $260/4 sessions